Burger King was founded in 1954 in Florida, and their first logo design, which could be seen on top of their first store was a King sitting on top of a burger above the sign “Burger King, Home of the Whopper.” This design remained until about 1969 where they created a burger in the design. There were two buns and in between the buns was “Burger King” in a red bubbly font to represent the meat. Although the King was removed from the logo, he continued to play a key role in the commercials and ads. In 1994, they slimmed the font down a little in the design, but not much changed. It wasn’t until 1998 that they made the buns a little shiner, titled it slightly to the left and added and blue swirl around it to give it a global feel.